Funny / Satire

rolibr24

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When we first got married my wife asked my mom for a bunch of recipes that I liked. One evening she was making supper. I got home from work and asked what was for supper. She told me what she was making.

Obviously without thinking I said, “That’s not how mom makes it.” That was a HUGE mistake......
I vividly remember being cut off for a while.
Then one night she comes back “is this how your mom does it?”

It’s been 17 years for us and I am still reminded about that comment every so often.

Our daughter is 14, at her wedding I am going to bring this up in my speech to her future husband as a warning to him as to what never to say.

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When we first got married my wife asked my mom for a bunch of recipes that I liked. One evening she was making supper. I got home from work and asked what was for supper. She told me what she was making.

Obviously without thinking I said, “That’s not how mom makes it.” That was a HUGE mistake......
I vividly remember being cut off for a while.
Then one night she comes back “is this how your mom does it?”

It’s been 17 years for us and I am still reminded about that comment every so often.

Our daughter is 14, at her wedding I am going to bring this up in my speech to her future husband as a warning to him as to what never to say.
View attachment Spaghetti.mp4