Gate Cam for Plate and Face reg

mycamrocks

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

A integrator for the home automation system I am using has built pretty cool intergration software for both Plate and Face reg. The use cases they created it for:
  1. Car pulls up to gate reads plate and you can decide to automatically open or close the gate
  2. Person is at the gate cam reg face open or closes gate
Now since this doesnt use the cameras software for the reg of the plates and faces and rather other providers i.e for face it uses the Microsoft Face AI API, I have some questions that I would really appreciate your advise on:
  1. I have a long gate that has bars down the middle of the gate i.e. I I I I I I was thinking of mounting a camera in the middle of those bars hut then power and ethernet cables will be come a nightmare with the gate opening and closing.
  2. I then thought mounting the camera on the pillar that supports the gate - that then leads me to my main question: this could work for plate reg but wouldnt face reg need much closer focus on the face area, meaning two cameras at two different positions.
  3. My understanding is that for plate and face reg resolution and light sensativity is the most important features? Resoultion for clarity and light settings to be able to adjust for when the car pulls up with the head lamps on?
If those are the only two things to consider I would like a POE camera all my other cams run POE, what cameras would you all suggest for this. Budget is not the primary driver rather accuracy.

would appreciate the guidence