G'day from Brisbane

jward101

n3wb
Reaction score
The wife and I are building a new home this year so we're pulling together requirements for that.

I came here thinking a couple of 720p cams would be all we need. How wrong was I.

By my count I think I'm up to 6 at the moment and I'm getting cabling drops installed in all corners to hopefully future proof ourselves.

Thanks to everyone that has participated in here so far. The information is so helpful, detailed and current.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
G'Day from a fellow Aussie south of the border!

Just beware this forum is not only addictive but can and will burn a hole in your wallet if you hang around long enough. I started with 8 HDW5231R-Z starlight cameras and have just recently added the SD59225U-HNI PTZ to my arsenal.

jward101

n3wb
Reaction score
Ha. Thanks mate. Indeed it is. I've landed on those very models myself and have added the HFW8232E-Z bullet to my Wishlist. Will do a search a little later but has the 1 July 10% import tax been discussed in here? I'm going to pull the trigger on some orders shortly to beat that in any case.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Will do a search a little later but has the 1 July 10% import tax been discussed in here?
I don't believe so, but I would honestly love to know how they are going to enforce that. I will say this, if you go through @EMPIRETECANDY (Andy) he knows how to handle things for not just Australia but all around the world.

jward101

n3wb
Reaction score
Yup. I figure why leave it to chance and get them in early. Thanks for the welcome and the tip. Before registering to say hello and hopefully give a little back I spotted his name a lot. I have wishlisted from his store. :cool: