gDMSS issue - unable to connect outside local network

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Brilliant getting somewhere now.
So if its online its binded. You have got substream checked ?

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Great, : enable checked, Status: online
Then, if you have P2P enabled and status is online, you just need to add the device with P2P like you were doing in DMSS.

If it does not work with DMSS outside your network, DMSS might not the app you are supposed to use. Ask the seller of the unit what app you should be using.

Chocman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just to complete the circle should others have a similar issue. In my NVR UI in TCP/IP there is a check button for DHCP (which I'd correctly checked from day one). However there is a further DHCP check button in the IP address 'Edit' area under Mode whch I wasn't aware of, and that was set to Static. Once DCHP was checked here, gDMSS worked fine outside of my LAN.

aabs

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the update.
Invalid DNS can be fixed with DHCP or 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

Dako

n3wb
Reaction score
have just recently found this thread, was very informative. However, i'd like to ask if anyone can throw me a bone if the case is having a static ip on the NVR and ip camera's as well.
for some reason it is working on my smart phone but keeps disconnecting on another, 2 other phones after fresh install of gdmss plus always keeps on displaying connection failed. Hope someone can help me out. thanks in advance.

Dazm

n3wb
Reaction score
I to am having a similar problem. My NVR and cams have been in for about 4 years all static IP and working perfectly. About 5 weeks ago I lost the ability to connect from outside the network on my iPhone. It just comes up as "Login Timed Out"
I've deleted DMSS and loaded all the the other versions I can find but still no luck. The wired thing is my iPad is running the previous version of DMSSHD and it connects fine over WiFi and through 4G from outside the network.
I'm at a loss as not one setting has been changed on my NVR or my Router.
The only thing that changed is the version of DMSS on my iPhone updated.

Irena

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello :)
I too need a help.
Cameras are installed in Serbia, they work fine.
I have connected DMSS on a iMac computer, laptop and my mobile phone.
Everything always worked just fine, but last week it all stopped. Guys in Serbia are still using them and they work perfectly.
I tried so many times, all 3 and can't view them.
Could it be something to do with internet between the countries?
Didn't touch anything, no changes were made to either one, all 3 to stop working at the same time whilst in Serbia there is no problem.
I found it very strange, any idea on what could it be? I am a Telstra user on all devices.
Thanks in advance.
Irena

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Irena, when you say that the cameras are working in Serbia, do you mean on the local lan or can the guys in Serbia see it with the app outside the local lan? Hard to tell if it is on your end or theirs. If they can see it on the internet with the app, then you should be able to see it. If they can see by browser to 192.168.xxx.xxx, but not on the internet then I would guess something has changed on their network. I assume that nothing changed in the camera configuration.

AdamCont

n3wb
Reaction score
So is this happening to everyone? I was connected since Dec 2019 on Android gDMSS with a static IP. I have just upgraded my phone and can connect on LAN and view video. When I am off LAN I can connect to the NVR and even get push notifications from the tripwire, but I can't view the video. I've turned the DHCP on and off in both places, and in one place, nothing seems to work :(

AdamCont

n3wb
Reaction score
The other weird thing I've noticed, through by 500 attempts is that if I'm logged into my account when I add the NVR on my phone it correctly detects that there are two cameras, but calls them camera 01 and camera 02 and has no trip wires. If I log out and add the NVR to my phone it tries to load all 8, but correctly gets the names "NVR-Front" and "NVR-Back", and the trip wires...

Ege

n3wb
Reaction score
Quick addition for the Wan connection issue.
I spent hours trying to add my girlfriend to the network, only allowing her to view cameras over wifi.
My fix ended up being how I added the camera system to the app.
DMSS app has a little plus sign at the top right of the home screen, I tried using the 'sn/scan' once instead of IP domain, and boom it worked straight away.
Good luck all I don't frequent this site so won't reply. This was a pain, so many settings to chose from.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Quick addition for the Wan connection issue.
I spent hours trying to add my girlfriend to the network, only allowing her to view cameras over wifi.
My fix ended up being how I added the camera system to the app.
DMSS app has a little plus sign at the top right of the home screen, I tried using the 'sn/scan' once instead of IP domain, and boom it worked straight away.
Good luck all I don't frequent this site so won't reply. This was a pain, so many settings to chose from.

lol you are using the cloud now.
also if that works you had it enabled on camera the whole time