gDMSS Plus app no longer working after update

steve_

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
After updating to latest $5 gDMSS Plus app for android (dated Jan. 9 2018 via Google play store), I can no longer receive push notifications or even view my cameras! I clear all settings, uninstall/reinstall, nothing helps.

Is anybody else having these issues? Get it together Dahua!

I'm running a google pixel 2,

Tried with the free Lite version and nothing.

Last edited:

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,
After updating to latest $5 gDMSS Plus app for android (dated Jan. 9 2018 via Google play store), I can no longer receive push notifications or even view my cameras! I clear all settings, uninstall/reinstall, nothing helps.

I'm running a google pixel 2, android P.

I'm running on a Samsung note 5 with latest update, and it's working fine. What issues are you having? Error messages? Timing out while trying to connect? Check to see if your ip address has changed and not matching your gdmss setup screen. Check port forwarding to see if something has been changed by dhcp.. Just some things I usually check when things go awry.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

steve_

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

I uploaded a screenshot. When adding a new camera network (I cleared all my settings after all), immediately after pressing 'start live preview' the app will crash without fail. both lite and plus versions crash at the same time. Even when I add incorrect or nonsensical information the app with crash. To me this seems like a sloppy code exception handling on the part of the developers who I haven't been able to reach.

So, I cannot even add a new camera, the app immediately exists with no chance to time out.

I've tried numerous combinations of network connection - via wifi, LTE VPN, etc. I can hop on my NVR settings from just about anything else besides my phone, and none of my internal network settings have changed.

Attachments

steve_

n3wb
Reaction score
yeah.. its just a badly programmed app. I dumped the system logs. here's the crash report.

--------- beginning of crash
02-03 20:40:37.570 10182 3859 6368 E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: Thread-4
02-03 20:40:37.570 10182 3859 6368 E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.mm.android.direct.gdmssphone, PID: 3859
02-03 20:40:37.570 10182 3859 6368 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String com.mm.b.j.e()' on a null object reference
02-03 20:40:37.570 10182 3859 6368 E AndroidRuntime: at com.mm.android.direct.cctv.devicemanager.x.run(Unknown Source:52)

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah.. its just a badly programmed app. I dumped the system logs. here's the crash report.
I'm no coding expert but I think your right about some coding conflict (at least) between gdmss and your phone. I wish I had a suggestion but I don't have a lot of experience in debugging code.. I wish you luck!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

steve_

n3wb
Reaction score
Had to reflash to an earlier version of Android. This fixed the problem!

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was having about the same problem with my Samsung J3. One day it just stopped connecting to the cameras via 4G. It would receive the alarm notification, but when I went to view the video it would give a "failed to connect" message. Would work fine with the wi-fi at home. Finally found that on the GDMSS app in the phone, changing the IP address to the WAN address presented by my router( not the 192.168....) made it work. Can't remember me changing any settings before the problem, but can't imagine an update would have changed the IP address.

pb11186

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm running a google pixel 2,

Hey Steve,

Ever figure out the problem? Mine hasnt worked in a few months, i have a Samsung Galaxy A5. My wifes iphone still works though.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk