gDMSS Plus doesn't work ... gDMSS HD works ?!?

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there,

Setting up gDMSS Plus on my samsung smarphone in order to see my IPC-EBW-81200 and it doesn't work, neither on my wife's smartphone nor my parents's smartphone.

Setting up the exact same way (IP / Domain) this camera on gDMSS HD (which is supposed to be for tablets), and there it works without any issue on all phones + my tablet.

2 of the phones are Android 6.0.1 and one is 5.0.1 ... any idea why gDMSS Plus doesn't work with this camera ?

I get a Login Delay message.

I have already tried to uninstall the app, reinstall, clear the cache, reset the camera, but nothing solves the issue.

P.S. I found no way of hard-resetting the camera, though ...

Many thanks !!

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi there,

Setting up gDMSS Plus on my samsung smarphone in order to see my IPC-EBW-81200 and it doesn't work, neither on my wife's smartphone nor my parents's smartphone.

Setting up the exact same way (IP / Domain) this camera on gDMSS HD (which is supposed to be for tablets), and there it works without any issue on all phones + my tablet.

2 of the phones are Android 6.0.1 ...
I have a Moto G Play 4th gen Android 6.0 and it works - settings:
Under Device Manager
Name: NVR
Address: Public IP shown when you do a remote port check, for me 96.45.xxx.xxx
Port: 37777
Username: admin (NVR)
Password: Your NVR password
Live Preview & Playback: "Extra" - is the substream..

New at this...all I could really tell you. On my 4431 Dahua I had to take it apart and press the reset button.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Search for post "Dahua HDW4431EM-AS disassembly & reset button w pics" under Bryan.

slowhand23

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My experience with the Plus apps, both Android & Apple, seems unstable. They work fine sometimes, other times push notifications stop then start again.
Can you see other cams thru the Plus app?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
I have LG K330
Android 5.1.1
gDMSS Plus ver 3.44.002

Stable. Push is dependable.
The one curiousity is the push settings disappeared about 3 times over 9 months. I think it might be related to setting up gDMSS on my wife's phone. (the free ver, not "Plus" ver) I haven't hunted down root cause.

gDMSS Plus is solid, as compared to the NVR sending emails. Emails are flaky, about half the time the snapshot doesn't come through.

Fastb

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have LG K330
Android 5.1.1
gDMSS Plus ver 3.44.002

Stable. Push is dependable.
The one curiousity is the push settings disappeared about 3 times over 9 months. I think it might be related to setting up gDMSS on my wife's phone. (the free ver, not "Plus" ver) I haven't hunted down root cause.

gDMSS Plus is solid, as compared to the NVR sending emails. Emails are flaky, about half the time the snapshot doesn't come through.

Fastb
I'm having something similar with my GDMSS. Was working fine for a month or so with push notifications coming within 10 seconds after the alarm was triggered. Here in the last 3 weeks it can be delayed several hours between alarm and notification. Any idea what might be causing this?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
....delayed several hours between alarm and push notification.
I haven't had that problem, so I can only offer some guesses:
- poor cell phone reception
- the NVR or BI can't dependably reach the internet
- push notification settings getting deleted. (I've seen this as I mentioned earlier, but I haven't seen push notification settings returning without my intervention, which isn't the case with your symptoms)
- problem with cell carrier and push?

I use T-Mobile. Maybe some carriers are quirky w/ Push?

You might enable email alerts. If the email reaches you BEFORE the Push, that might tell you something. If both email and Push take several hours to reach you, then something is preventing the messages from squirting out of the NVR or BI

Fastb

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tried the enabling the emails again. They are coming first over phone messaging, within a minute.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, that eliminates poor cell coverage or NOR to internet connection problem
Maybe research probes w/ how your cell carrier handles Push....

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Samsung S6Edge Plus. Android 7.0. Have had no issues running any version of GDMSS.

Only pita is switching from wifi and cellular to viewing the alerts.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Might have fixed it but will have to check today. Last night was going thru Verizon internal diagnostics on the phone. One message said that I haven't turned the phone off in 2 weeks, and suggested I turn it off and on. When I did, I had 15 updates waiting, one was GDMSS. Updated all apps and noticed the saved NVR/camera push was cleared. Re-did the push and I believe it worked (got an alarm within a minute after tripping).

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys, I had launched this thread and I see lot of replies now ;-(

The thread was open for users of a Dahua IPC-EBW81200, via the gDMSS Plus app on mobile phone (I am not using a NVR ...).
The camera was supported in the old version of gDMSS Plus, but not anymore since the upgrade to the latest version of this app
I contacted a technician from Dahua months ago, they investigated and found the following :

"We have a program library for each device or application, and it needs to be communicated. And app renew the library of them but IPC didn't modify something to make the communication available, so it cause this problem, and that's why old version of DMSS HFcan work because it keep old library"
"They are still doing and meet some difficulties because of the SDK database"

Then technician proposed to use an old version of gDMSS Plus but radio silence since then.

For those who have an IPC-EBW81200, and gDMSS Plus (paied version for Smartphone, not gDMSS HD which is for tablet as it works there !), would it be possible you give it a try to see if you can see camera picture on the app ?

P.S. My current version of gDMSS Plus is 3.49.003
My IPC-EBW81200 FW version is 2.400.0000.8.R, build : 2016-09-14

Many thanks !!

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was able to find a web site where you can find earlier versions of gDMSS Plus ...
and I have spent some time installing them one after one :

3.49.003 : IPC-EBW81200 not supported anymore, get "Login delay"
3.46.000 : IPC-EBW81200 not supported anymore, get "Login delay"
3.44.002 : IPC-EBW81200 not supported anymore, get "Login delay"
3.44.001 : IPC-EBW81200 is supported and WORKING !!!
3.44.000 : IPC-EBW81200 is supported and WORKING !!!
3.42.000 : IPC-EBW81200 is supported and WORKING !!!
3.40.002 : IPC-EBW81200 is supported and WORKING !!!
3.30.000 : IPC-EBW81200 is supported and WORKING !!!

If someone can please confirm, and difficulty will be to contact Dahua for this !!