gdmss plus IVS push notification not working

chris11c

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Andy,
I see a DMSS with version 1.31 and a DMSS HD with version 1.30.

The DMSS works apparently, the DMSS HD I cant use on my phone, cause the screen doesnt resize, so I cant skip this one notification when I first start it.

Any idea?

Best regards
Sammy
That's the one I tried. Wasn't for sure as dmss has a different author then gdmss. Usually the HD version is made for tablet devices and the non HD is for phone or smaller device use. Could be wrong, but that's the way the old application was explained to me.

Sammy0815

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The company is called "Zhejiang Dahua Technology Co., Ltd.", so I think we are fine. :) I was confused too...

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've installed the new DMSS app on an iPhone and got notifications working for my CCTV XVR but I can't get them to work for a neighbours unit. Have tried all the suggestions above but no push notifications received.

Also with the new app the playback of a push notification is behaving oddly. When I get the notification and open the app I can see the trigger message and when pressed the playback starts but not at the trigger time. For example if the trigger was at 1137, the playback starts at 1100. Attempting to scroll forward to the correct time with a blue bar indicating the trigger event doesn't work. The footage simply jumps back to 1100 and starts playing from there. This doesn't happen on the older app. Anyone experienced this and know what's causing it?

Many Thanks.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've installed the new DMSS app on an iPhone and got notifications working for my CCTV XVR but I can't get them to work for a neighbours unit. Have tried all the suggestions above but no push notifications received.

Also with the new app the playback of a push notification is behaving oddly. When I get the notification and open the app I can see the trigger message and when pressed the playback starts but not at the trigger time. For example if the trigger was at 1137, the playback starts at 1100. Attempting to scroll forward to the correct time with a blue bar indicating the trigger event doesn't work. The footage simply jumps back to 1100 and starts playing from there. This doesn't happen on the older app. Anyone experienced this and know what's causing it?

Many Thanks.
Noticed the same playback issue. You can FF it and watch. It's a glitch. We've been talking about it here: New iDMSS Version 4.90.000

Deihmos

n3wb
Reaction score
When I add my cameras using dahua account I can only get motion alerts. If I add it locally I can get tripwire alarm and a host of ther alarms. Why is it just motion alerts when using the dahua account?

Deihmos

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not sure what you mean, can you explain in more detail please?
There is an option to add it as either local or to dahua account. If added to Dahua account there is no option for tripwire or intrusive. The only option is for motion notifications.

If added as a local account I have all of those options available.

Attachments

Sammy0815

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hmm, well I use Android and it looks a bit different.
But yes, I can see that even without being connected.

zolstarym

n3wb
Reaction score
For others experiencing push notifications failing to subscribe, I had to set up the device with my admin account on the gdmss app to get it to work. The viewer account works for video but not for push subscriptions, for me at least.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In another thread @catcamstar opened up tcp 8888 instead of 2195 and got push notifications working. I’ll try it this weekend when I have some time.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Here you are @Holbs :) Indeed, if you have blocking outbound port 2195, add 8888 and reboot the VTO.

Good luck!
CC