Gdmss plus no playback recorded events

karl1980

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
good afternoon

situation; 2 dahua ip 4K cams connected via poe to NVR.
Nvr is recording and able to playback motion, alarms...
However my mobile app is not showing these playbacks. I receive pushnotifications when tripwire is triggered, but once clicking on that alarm i can't see any recordings.

attached you see all the events but under playback it says; no recordings.

what am i not seeing?

thx

Attachments

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Haai!
Let's roll-back a bit, to eliminate if it's purely GDMSS based error.
If you open SmartPSS on your pc, and do a "search" on todays streams, what are you then seeing on your timebar? All blue (for 24/7 recordings) and at the times of your push notifications Orange blocks? Can you play them back in SmartPSS? Good! Then you know for sure your NVR side is OKayish. If it's not working, then you might have "forgotten" to configure "recording" in your "storage schedule" the IVS streams. This is a common mistake: go into "system - storage - schedule and make sure there is a recording (yellow?) bar for your channels with IVS activated. Fix this before continuing, if needed.

Then go back into GDMSS: if you simply choose Video-Playback, pick the channel with the IVS and search for all the streams. Does it work like it does in SmartPSS, then you know GDMSS configuration is OKayish.

We'll debug from there on, but I suspect you'll find your solution in between my lines ;-)

Salut!
CC

karl1980

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Haai!
Let's roll-back a bit, to eliminate if it's purely GDMSS based error.
If you open SmartPSS on your pc, and do a "search" on todays streams, what are you then seeing on your timebar? All blue (for 24/7 recordings) and at the times of your push notifications Orange blocks? Can you play them back in SmartPSS? Good! Then you know for sure your NVR side is OKayish. If it's not working, then you might have "forgotten" to configure "recording" in your "storage schedule" the IVS streams. This is a common mistake: go into "system - storage - schedule and make sure there is a recording (yellow?) bar for your channels with IVS activated. Fix this before continuing, if needed.

Then go back into GDMSS: if you simply choose Video-Playback, pick the channel with the IVS and search for all the streams. Does it work like it does in SmartPSS, then you know GDMSS configuration is OKayish.

We'll debug from there on, but I suspect you'll find your solution in between my lines ;-)

Salut!
CC
hi

thx for the quick update.
Frankly, not using any VMS for the moment. (will ask more info on BI later :)
Playback is now done from NVR and set at 24/7. I just want to replay the 'ivs' events on my phone. Tripwire for instance...
Live feed is working from app.
Attached screenshot when searching the 4MAY footage, i then select the cam and get "no recordings"

Attachments

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
And you have put that for each and every channel? D1-D2 etc?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Then I'm out of ideas, except if SmartPSS cannot show that yellowish timeframe and replay these clips either.