gDMSS update is the worst

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My gDMSS updated itself on my phone and now the video is crap. It looks like its snowing on the screen, and the image twists around. It's unuseable. Is there a better Android app that works with Dahua NVR that I can run? Is anyone else having problems with it?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
So far I've only seen a gdmss lite update come through, not the paid plus version. That is not good though, what you're reporting. I can't concur with you because I only use the plus version.The only thing I can say about dahua is that they seems to respond pretty quickly is there's a major screw up with the phone apps. If I see an update come through and it's doing the same thing, I'll let you know.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh, are you referring to the HD version? Only the HD versions have the newest November updates as far as I can tell.

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah I have the gDMSS lite HD. I downloaded the non HD version and it does the same thing.

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Here's what it looks like. Its constantly changing colors and the snow gets thicker and thinner. Should I change the file type for the extra stream?

Attachments

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What does the camera look like on your computer? I know the IPAD app was just updated and it's fine. Did you try to reboot your phone? I highly doubt the update has anything to do with that.

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its 264. I have not updated the iPad yet. Restarting my phone doesn't help.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You said the snow keeps getting thicker and thicker. Do you live in Buffalo? :cool:

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm not sure I could even duplicate that if I tried. Is it every camera? Are the images on a PC clear? Could you reboot the NVR?

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The images on hdmi, on my computer and on my iPad are all fine, just the android is like this.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Huh, that is really strange, although I think galaxy is a known issue. Sorry that is happening to you. I'm not sure of any other app that will work. I like dmss so much, nothing else comes close. Unless someone else suggests a known, you'll just have to go fishing in the play store and search for cctv camera apps and try them one by one. I've done it before- it's painful. Good luck. Also I posted a DL link above at dahua for an older version that could tide you over until another update comes in. For sure try and hit the developer for a response to the problem. As a last resort, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app just to see if it helps. There is also a setting for compatibility mode in there. Try that mode and see.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think we narrowed it down that it's not your nvr or the app. I tried my android tablet and everything is fine. Like shock said, try deleting the app, reboot the phone, reinstall it and see what happens. OR, trade your phone in for an Iphone! :cool:

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
It works fine on my LG tablet, and also windows phone- wdmss. God love 'em for supporting windows phone, although not quite as full featured as android.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
In the app, go into local config menu and in video mode- try either high performance or compatible mode.

Lance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried all that stuff and it didn't work. I did download the old app version but cant figure out how to install it on my phone.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
From another forum. This is a good way to load the old version-

Do not download it directly to your Phone as it is Compressed.

Uncompress the file on your desktop, then navigate to http://www.apkinstall.com/ on your favorite browser. Click on the correct file and select your favorite QR code scanner this will allow your phone to download it from APKinstalls server and you will be able to install it from there.
Keep in mind that it will sit in their Servers for only 15 minutes. This is a tool used for App Developers that want to relay their apps without the need to have them published to Google Play and it works good when trying to install and old version of an application.