gDMSS update - push notifications no longer working

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have the same recorder (8Ch) her in our demo roundup.
upload_2017-9-7_21-25-28.png

I upgraded today from 3.210.0002.0 to 3.210.0003.0
I didn´t used push for the old firmware for months, but it had worked before. Now after upgrading I also can´t subscribe anymore. But only on this one. I will look later on at home on my other Android devices, if it´s possible.

You should better change the thread topic in something like "NVR 5xxx-4ks2 push subscription failing". Yours is too unspecific.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My thread title describes the problem I was having perfectly, but thanks for the suggestion.

Anyway, I upgraded the firmware tonight and all is fixed as I stated in the other thread that was started for iDMSS.

I upgraded to the firmware provided by @EMPIRETECANDY here (click the little up arrow next to his name to go to post)

and now I am able to successfully subscribe to the IVS notifications of the NVR device on my Android (gDMSS Plus version 3.49.003). I tested this on my LAN and also connected to my VPN and it works on both. Maybe even better than before.

Dahua has had a few issues this year since I got all my equipment (IVS skipping frames and the IVS pushes breaking) but they seem to be relatively quick at getting fixes out. I know @EMPIRETECANDY has sent some of our concerns to Dahua engineers, so thank you for that as I'm sure it helped move things along.

vinson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I try new new app oct.14 from google play still cant save Push notifications any one try fix it?

Reaction score
gDMSS pro push notifications not working Dahua: Solved Nov2018
I have a couple of dahua DHI-NVR5232-16P-4KS2 and similar (System Version:3.215.0000000.1, Build Date: 2017-09-01). There are plenty of instructions on how to do the basic setup for cellphone APP Push notifications on gDMSS, but even so, I could never get it to work AT ALL.

Today I discovered that

YOU HAVE TO PLUG IN A MOUSE AND SCREEN INTO THE DVR INITIALY BEFORE APP PUSH NOTIFICATIONS WILL WORK :-(

I don't know if its just a question of accepting the user aggreement or if you need to complete the easy4ip part, but go through the initial questions etc and there you go, my notifications came through imediately,.

Dahua makes nice cameras but their software is an abyss of confusion and ill logic and bugs and errors. I have wasted years of my life trying to navigate their pitholes and obsticles and lack of documentation and help...So if your struggling, its not just you, its them. I picture a bunch of drunk toddlers sitting in a basement developing Dahua software. Bad Dahua, Bad dahua