gDMSSPlus notifications for LPR motion events

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Relatively new to LPR but am running a IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E (with V2.800.0000000.10.R, Build Date: 2019-11-18 firmware) and have just tweaked the settings so I get sometimes readable nighttime plate reads. Using a 256gb SD card in the camera and don't use Blue Iris. I've set gDMSSPlus on my Android phone to give me push notifications for motion detection on this camera, and it's very accurate. The problem is when I try to locate motion detection events in the playback menu on the web-based GUI to see what cars have driven by during the night, the list of events doesn't match up to the timeline of push messages in the mobile app.

In a perfect world, I'd be able to pull up the web GUI and review, file by file, all the cars that went down my street. But as of now, I have to use the gDMSSPlus app list of message events as reference and pull the pertinent file in the GUI and navigate to the pertinent time stamp. Anyone else have this issue and found a work around?

cjowers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure, but check first that it isn't just offset by a regular amount of time due to UTS / timezone / location configuration, or delay in the system. that would be the easiest to fix probably.

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure, but check first that it isn't just offset by a regular amount of time due to UTS / timezone / location configuration, or delay in the system. that would be the easiest to fix probably.
Appreciate the response. Yeah, those settings are okay. The issue is really at night--the timeline in the web GUI for playback events shows events in 8 minute increments (the setting for the pack duration) notwithstanding the specific motion alerts in the mobile app. But this issue only occurs at night when the camera image is nearly blacked out by the camera settings for nighttime LPR capture. During the day the web GUI timeline has the same motion events as the mobile app messages.

cjowers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
sounds like it combines all event in a given pack duration and shows that instead? can you zoom in on the timeline? My BI timeline does something similar when i zoom out too far. just a thought

Billyjack5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Attached is a screen grab of the timeline in the web GUI. You can see solid blocks of yellow (indicating motion throughout) for most of the overnight hours. Strange.

Attachments

cjowers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
weird. I'm not familiar with this really, but will keep giving suggestions til someone else comes along....

is the motion detection setting any different from the push alert setting? (could it just be filtering out some of them before it sends the push alert?)
things can change at night (bugs in front or IR, the frequency of a light nearby looks like a flicker, headlights on objects where they aren't during the day, higher contrast results in more hits, etc, etc), I assume the night footage shows nothing that could be perceived as motion?
can you update the firmware? sometimes the config tools just have bugs, might be worth a shot
try a different pack duration? Is the SD card doing something weird?
if your often viewing footage, blueiris might be pretty helpful. Understand if you dont want or need it, but most everyone here is very happy with it, so you could always try the free trial maybe?