Generator Installation

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I hope you bought the tank and not rent it. Once you "rent" a tank from a vendor, you have to buy your LP from that vendor, and not from anyone else. That also means that the leasing vendor can charge what ever they want for the LP, which is always a lot more than going rate. They have you by the balls and knows it. FL law backs this up. When you buy the tank, you can shop around for best price. You want to own the tank. Don't ask me how I know.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
About the only positive I can think of in having the co. install the tank and leasing if from them is that the co. is then responsible for the cost of replacing any gas that may be lost to a leak (unless negligence by another party can be proven).

RGL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I feel like we’re almost ready for a storm. All openings are impact rated and once the generator is up and running, we will be completely independent of city utilities other than water, which we are storing in the garage.
Good job on all that! Don't forget to rotate or treat the water though.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I now need to make a HomeSeer event to turn off automation if the generator kicks in so we’re not the only house on the block lit up like a star.
There have been a couple times during Christmas I have wanted the power to go out so I could fire up the generator and have all of my Christmas lights on.