Generic DVR/Mobile Access

shermaniiv

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a generic DVR that I can view from a mobile app VMeye. I can't find the config to bring it in to BI. Is there a way that BI can read why these iPhone apps read?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have a generic DVR that I can view from a mobile app VMeye. I can't find the config to bring it in to BI. Is there a way that BI can read why these iPhone apps read?

Thanks!
not unless the DVR could also be viewed locally and supports rtsp/mjpeg or onvif.

shermaniiv

n3wb
Reaction score
It has RTSP port open which i'm assuming is how the app can communicate. It is unencrypted traffic so I may try using wireshark to see what requests it makes. The DVR is old and has security vulnerabilities so I don't want it open to the outside anymore. I'd rather use BI to pull the streams along with some IP cams I have and use the BI app to view them. I know there are paths and a database of ones to try, just wasn't sure if anyone knew the underlying requests those apps use.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It has RTSP port open which i'm assuming is how the app can communicate. It is unencrypted traffic so I may try using wireshark to see what requests it makes. The DVR is old and has security vulnerabilities so I don't want it open to the outside anymore. I'd rather use BI to pull the streams along with some IP cams I have and use the BI app to view them. I know there are paths and a database of ones to try, just wasn't sure if anyone knew the underlying requests those apps use.
You are probably best replacing the crap analog cameras.
also see this How to add camera to BI that is not in the drop down list