generic ip camera help

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help me out I picked up a couple of no name IP cameras to go on top of my radio tower(wanted cheap incase they die in the weather). However I have a bit of an issue I can seam to get them to work with anything but the software that came with them. if I enter the ip in a browser it simply wants to download a file named download no ext. any help would be great. If it helps I am including a photo

epc-sur-100-1-l.jpg

Thanks,
Reg

ramleaf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you tried with Internet Explorer?

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Download no is a fail sent by the camera software. If you have an older computer you can use that to test. Edge does not work with cameras... mostly and Chrome no longer plays nice with extensions. You may have to tweak your IE settings to allow the camera to send its active X controls. I have a few older computers that I keep around for old analog systems i used in the past because I have them set up to play nice. The good news is you may be able to use third party software to view the cameras once you have them setup. The bad news is that it will probably be a pain to get them setup. You may be able to use the p2p phone app that I am sure those cams want you to use. Once setup you can copy the stream information and use third party software to pull the streams.

Reaction score
Thanks I had not thought about trying to capture the data from the mobile app that came with it off to sniff an app.

Thanks,
Reg

Reaction score
well sniffing had no luck there phone app actually opens a direct IP port to the camera. however I did some googling for the software and came up with this I have never used the rtsp port on any of my cameras but it does work. In the even anyone else comes up later with a similar problem here is the address that works in VLC rtsp://192.168.1.10:554/user=admin&password=12345&channel=1&stream=0.sdp?real_stream--rtp-caching=100

now I just have to look up how to use the rtsp in zoneminder.

Thanks,
Reg

Abbell

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can also use VLC to view the streams

Reaction score
Yeah I know I used it when I first found the URL for RTSP but I want to add them into my cctv system as one of them will be looking down at most of the property.

Reg