Geo fence settings, 2 phones only send to phone that is away?

Dwalls

n3wb
Reaction score
I have gotten BI5 to switch profiles and can have it send to each phone when only using 1 phone at a time, is there a way to only have the phone that is outside of the fence get the message?

I have one camera set to watch the driveway and front door area and it will send notification to phone if on profile 2 which happens when ever one of the phones leaves the house.

How do I get each phone to work independently? I work very odd hours and would like my phone and my phone only to be notified when I am away if there is motion even if my wife is at home and likewise I would like for her phone to get notice if there was motion if she is away and I am at home.

I can get BI to switch to profile 2 when a phone leaves but then both phones are notified unless I check the Only if all devices are outside box on the geofence settings.

Is there a way for each phone to work regardless of where the others phone is?

Thank you

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Have you tried using the device 'tags' feature.

1. Assign tags to you devices (screenshot from the Help PDF)

1615924572376.png

2. Create an 'On trigger' Alert Action to send a notification to specific device tag(s) when desired conditions are met (profiles, etc.).
What you want to accomplish may require separate Push action(s) for each device.

1615925811109.png

Dwalls

n3wb
Reaction score
the short answer is no, I haven't tagged each phone since I can get it to do what I want if we are both out of the fence, I will look into that, but the other problem is that my fence isn't updating unless I open the app when I leave and when I return, I have checked and the app has permission to use location at all times in the phone.

Thanks

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
the other problem is that my fence isn't updating unless I open the app when I leave and when I return
Been there :)
If using the Android app, make sure Blue Iris can...
1. use battery in background; Setting > Apps > Blue Iris > Battery
2. access location all the time; Settings > Apps > Blue Iris > Permissions > Location ... (you've already said you've done this one)

It also may not hurt to clear the cache:
Settings > Apps > Blue Iris >Storage

And one more thing. You may need to reset your device geofences, then reset the the app's geofence radius...
1. App > ? (Info) > Reset Geofences
2. Reboot
3. Move outside (your driveway). Wait a few minutes for the to device to confirm a good geofix (check the blue dot in Google Maps)
4. App > Home > Gear (Settings) > Geofence radius (your preference)
5. Ditto for Geofence update notifications (handy while debugging)