Geofence action

Martin Paul Sr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just upgraded to version 5 and got a new license
I have a small home setup with three cameras outside the house and two inside.
I've been using geofence for a long time to simply red-light (none triggering) when my phone is inside and green-light (all triggering) when outside.
I would instead like geofence to stop the inside cameras from triggering while allowing the outside cameras to keep triggering when inside, and have them all triggering when outside..
Is there a way I can do this? It seems it would be a common case, maybe someone here does it?

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just upgraded to version 5 and got a new license
I have a small home setup with three cameras outside the house and two inside.
I've been using geofence for a long time to simply red-light (none triggering) when my phone is inside and green-light (all triggering) when outside.
I would instead like geofence to stop the inside cameras from triggering while allowing the outside cameras to keep triggering when inside, and have them all triggering when outside..
Is there a way I can do this? It seems it would be a common case, maybe someone here does it?
yes, you need to setup two profiles.

Martin Paul Sr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I was trying, thinking of that.
But if a camera on a second profile has no schedule for triggering, it will not trigger no matter what the geofence status.
Does anyone have any further procedure after setting up two profiles?
Geofence can change the profile based on inside / outside, but it's global, not by camera.
Each camera can use its own profile for triggering, but it can't be changed by geofence, at least from what I can tell.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I was trying, thinking of that.
But if a camera on a second profile has no schedule for triggering, it will not trigger no matter what the geofence status.
Does anyone have any further procedure after setting up two profiles?
Geofence can change the profile based on inside / outside, but it's global, not by camera.
Each camera can use its own profile for triggering, but it can't be changed by geofence, at least from what I can tell.
You need to study profiles further. Please read the help file. You setup one profile where all cameras record on trigger. You set a second profile where only the outside cameras record on trigger but the inside cameras dont record at all. Done.
You can even disable the inside cameras completely so they dont display.

Martin Paul Sr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you, I didn't know a profile can have different actions per camera, thought they were global.

Martin Paul Sr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, figured out enough to do what I want.
For dummies like me:
  • Pick and name a second profile
  • On a camera you want to quit triggering, go to trigger section, select that new profile, and turn off Motion Detection
  • On a camera you want to stay triggering and recording, go to trigger section and just click Sync with original 1st profile.
  • In Settings, go to Mobile Devices and you can edit Enter and Exit actions to Change Schedule/Profile among a couple dozen others. There you can select the profile for Enter (2nd profile with some cameras no motion detection) and for Exit (1st profile everything on motion detection)
So the concept is: Each camera can have its own settings in Audio, Trigger and Video sections for any given profile. When you change profiles (such as via geofence) each camera will do it's own thing under whatever the current profile is. Of course, each profile has scheduling, which are global settings.

It's nice not having the indoor cameras constantly taking pics and clips when I'm home, especially during shelter-in-place time :)

Last edited: