GeoFence Only app (Free?)

pomtom44

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all

I have a BI server running at home, and was looking into setting up geofencing to alert me if one of the indoor cameras get triggered when no one is home.
I then realized that it would require the BI app on everyones phone, as it uses the app to update when the phone is at home.

I was wondering if there was a free app which can do just the geofencing.
I dont need everyone to have access to the cameras, or get alerts
Only my phone needs that, and I have the official app installed.

All I need is a way for the BI server to know when everyone is out and about.

Thanks in advance.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In case you are not aware, if you use iTunes family sharing you can install purchased apps on all the devices in the "family".

Maybe that helps?

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pomtom44

n3wb
Reaction score
In case you are not aware, if you use iTunes family sharing you can install purchased apps on all the devices in the "family".

Maybe that helps?

Mark
Sorry should have said, all on andriod.
But ill look to see if there is the same thing for andriod

Reaction score
Yes you can share paid apps with your google family group..

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
If you happen to have SmartThings its easy to achieve what your looking for.. Look for Blue Iris Fusion in the SmartThings community forum.. Use it to switch your Blue Iris profiles based on the state of your SmartThings instead of the Blue Iris geofencing.. If you dont want everyone to have access to your SmartThings then you can use Life360 to create additional presence devices in SmartThings

Edit: I think I saw SmartThings for sale on Amazon for 49.99

pomtom44

n3wb
Reaction score
If you happen to have SmartThings its easy to achieve what your looking for.. Look for Blue Iris Fusion in the SmartThings community forum.. Use it to switch your Blue Iris profiles based on the state of your SmartThings instead of the Blue Iris geofencing.. If you dont want everyone to have access to your SmartThings then you can use Life360 to create additional presence devices in SmartThings

Edit: I think I saw SmartThings for sale on Amazon for 49.99
I would prefer not having to buy even more stuff to manage just for one simple task