Geofence option not paying attention to it's own setting!

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On my and my wife's Android phones, we have the setting turned OFF to notify us of entering/exiting the geofence, but it still sends notifications to our phones. If tried toggling it on and off, but still does it.

Please help, this is annoying!

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It might be coming from the server side, not the phone's themselves. If you go into Blue Iris Options > Mobile devices > Highlight the device and ensure both Enter and Exit Geofence options for push notifications are not checked.

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's not. I even reloaded the app.

Along with this happening, we no longer get PUSH alerts. We didn't change anything on our phone or software. I can connect through the app and it will send me text messages, but not PUSH alerts.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's not. I even reloaded the app.

Along with this happening, we no longer get PUSH alerts. We didn't change anything on our phone or software. I can connect through the app and it will send me text messages, but not PUSH alerts.
Does the user name you are using for the app have push notification enabled in blue iris options>users?
Make sure you are both using the latest Android release as the last one noted a geofence bug fix.
What version of blue iris are you using - the exact version.

jasong127

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The desktop version is 4.2.7.1 x64. The phone version is 2.0.21

All users (wife and I) have Push notifications turned on. I noticed Admin didn't, so I turned it on... didn't change anything though.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The desktop version is 4.2.7.1 x64. The phone version is 2.0.21

All users (wife and I) have Push notifications turned on. I noticed Admin didn't, so I turned it on... didn't change anything though.
Have you email support?