Geofence Question

Richdem

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just purchased the Blue Iris App for my Samsung Galaxy Note 5. Do you have to keep the app running in the background on the phone all the time for the Geofence to work?

I still can get push notifications of motion triggers even if I have killed the app but I left the house yesterday with nothing running and walked with the dogs for 15 minutes. I stopped then opened the app and the geofence then triggered and registered that I was away.

I thought I had returned to the house yesterday earlier in the day without the app running and the geofence registered I was home. I cannot be 100% sure that this was the case so need to check again, Just wanted clarification on how I should be running the app on my phone.

Regards

Richard

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont know, but there is no reason to manually (or using an app) to kill the blue iris app. It does not eat battery. Its best to simply leave it be.

waverz

n3wb
Reaction score
I have this problem quite a bit as well. I also seem to get lots of geofence related push notifications throughout the day even though I haven't entered or exited the geofence. It's quite annoying. I am going to be contacting the app creator about it tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have this problem quite a bit as well. I also seem to get lots of geofence related push notifications throughout the day even though I haven't entered or exited the geofence. It's quite annoying. I am going to be contacting the app creator about it tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Are you killing the app or using another app the closes BI..that is what the OP was doing.