Geofence Radius in app not selectable

blulegend

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the BI app on my iphone X. When I'm logged in using an admin account, I can activate the geofence radius. But if I log in using an account that isn't an administrator, I can't select the radius. I don't always want to be logged in as an administrator on the app nor do I want my wife to in case she messes up some of the settings.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Also, what is Geofence update notifications?

Thanks,

Jack

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the BI app on my iphone X. When I'm logged in using an admin account, I can activate the geofence radius. But if I log in using an account that isn't an administrator, I can't select the radius. I don't always want to be logged in as an administrator on the app nor do I want my wife to in case she messes up some of the settings.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Also, what is Geofence update notifications?

Thanks,

Jack
This is normal as geofencing controls profiles...

blulegend

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. I can see how a regular user (my wife) could manipulate my profiles by changing around the geofencing location, but why should she have access to change the stop light or even manually set a profile? The app should report whether it’s in the geofence or not or just send the location to the server and the server decides if it’s in the geofence (not sure how it works). Then based on that, the server should be changing the profile. Why would the geofence-based profile change be initiated by the app itself? I really don’t see why geofencing should require an admin level user to be logged in. In fact I don’t even want to be my admin credentials on my own phone. Doesn’t make sense...yet.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I can see how a regular user (my wife) could manipulate my profiles by changing around the geofencing location, but why should she have access to change the stop light or even manually set a profile? The app should report whether it’s in the geofence or not or just send the location to the server and the server decides if it’s in the geofence (not sure how it works). Then based on that, the server should be changing the profile. Why would the geofence-based profile change be initiated by the app itself? I really don’t see why geofencing should require an admin level user to be logged in. In fact I don’t even want to be my admin credentials on my own phone. Doesn’t make sense...yet.
I am just explaining why it acts that way - it has the capacity to change the profile by way of its location as well as the ability to tailor the geofence radius...if you want a feature implemented you would need email support and ask for it.