Geofence V5 vs V4

Podagrower

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My biggest BI issue is geofencing. During the week when BI is running the "work" schedule it's not terrible. It generally catches when my wife and I leave and goes into the "away" profile and generally catches when I get home (which is before the "work" schedule ends) and changes to the "home" profile. But I can almost guarantee that while we are home the next 2 days the "work" schedule will override the "home" profile. We are using Android phones and BI V4, is V5 any better at geofencing with Android devices?

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I can speak only to my experience using the Blue Iris app on a Samsung Galaxy S9 running Android Pie, and BI5... The phone currently does a good job of triggering the BI app’s geofence notification almost every time is crosses the geofence boundary; however, if the BI app is running in the background, it consistently fails to notify the BI5 web server in real-time about geofence changes.

I’ve ‘fixed’ this by using Tasker to intercept BI geofence notifications and using this event to open the Blue Iris app in the foreground for a few seconds. Since implementing this strategy I’ve rarely experienced failures by the BI5 web server to respond to geofence events in real-time.