Geofencing

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
...It seems like you have not really studied the ins and outs of BI and are simply afraid to touch the "complicated" settings. That is a shame.
Every single one of my BI setups uses profiles and you will find that most BI users on the forum use it as well.
In fact, I do use many of them. I use profiles. I use schedules. I use motion triggers for some of my less critical cams. I use cams to trigger other cameras, etc., etc. I didn't say that there are no use-cases for such features. In fact, I specifically said just the opposite.

But I try not to over-complicate things where it's not necessary. Same with home automation stuff. It's real easy to fall into making things way more complex than they really need to be just because you can.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In fact, I do use many of them. I use profiles. I use schedules. I use motion triggers for some of my less critical cams. I use cams to trigger other cameras, etc., etc. I didn't say that there are no use-cases for such features. In fact, I specifically said just the opposite.

But I try not to over-complicate things where it's not necessary. Same with home automation stuff. It's real easy to fall into making things way more complex than they really need to be just because you can.
Profiles are not complex. You use them yourself, why should the OP not take full advantage of the software package. The entire purpose of BI is to have all these extra functions. I dont understand why you use profiles but tell the OP that he should simplify things and not use them. Why do you need profiles at all?