GEOvision NVR wont detect IP cameras off of network switch

Kba9

n3wb
Reaction score
I think we've been assuming that the 'other location' is still internal to your organisation.
But I'm wondering if it isn't.
Can you clarify?

Are you aware that the camera you've used for your screenshot is accessible by the entire internet?
This configuration presents a serious risk of the device being compromised and therefore potentially exposing the other devices and their data that is on your organisation's LAN.

Suggestion :
Check for any unintended exposure to the internet by testing with the ShieldsUp! service, use the 'All Ports' scan here :
I need video playback from a separate location. Simple as that. The PC and NVR are less than 50 ft apart. The PC is in a closed office that hosts all the cameras to begin with. I would like to add a separate location so playback can be accessed by the employees at all times. That's where I decided to add the NVR. If you have further questions feel free to ask. I still haven't found a solution

Kba9

n3wb
Reaction score
I need video playback from a separate location. Simple as that. The PC and NVR are less than 50 ft apart. The PC is in a closed office that hosts all the cameras to begin with. I would like to add a separate location so playback can be accessed by the employees at all times. That's where I decided to add the NVR. If you have further questions feel free to ask. I still haven't found a solution
I responded in the following posts. Let me know if you have further questions. Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A 2nd NVR is not needed for that and in fact won't do it because it would only playback what is on the HDD of that NVR not another NVR.

As I stated previously, the solution is to simply go to a web browser and type in the IP address of the NVR and the login screen will pop up and you provide them with a username and password and then they are in the system to playback.

Or at less than 50 feet apart, run an HDMI to a monitor with a wireless mouse.

Kba9

n3wb
Reaction score
A 2nd NVR is not needed for that and in fact won't do it because it would only playback what is on the HDD of that NVR not another NVR.

As I stated previously, the solution is to simply go to a web browser and type in the IP address of the NVR and the login screen will pop up and you provide them with a username and password and then they are in the system to playback.

Or at less than 50 feet apart, run an HDMI to a monitor with a wireless mouse.
"would only playback what is on the HDD of that NVR not another NVR." This wouldn't be an issue at all. I understand what you're getting it by putting the PCs IP to view system playback but that would make no sense in this situation. I don't have a separate PC. I need a monitor that has a constant live feed and also is able to look back at old footage. Im sorry if this is super confusing. I appreciate all the help. Also sorry if I'm not understanding.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Then at less than 50 feet, run an HDMI from the NVR to a monitor along with a wireless mouse so that they can view livestream and use the mouse for playback.