Get Onvif trigger from lorex camera connected to nvr to blue iris

linh1234

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Was wondering if there is a way to get onvif trigger events from cameras (lorex e893ab) that are connected to lorex nvr (N863A6) for person and vehicle detection instead of using blue iris motion detection.

The cameras are connected directly to the nvr then blue iris is streaming using rtsp from the nvr. So the cameras are not directly connected to blue iris.

Thanks,
Linh

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How did you bring them in to BI? Did you find the video feed in something like VLC and use just that? If it is just pulling the video feed then it won't pull the ONVIF.

In BI, you select add camera and put the IP address of the NVR into the IP address location. Put in username and password and hit find/inspect and let BI do its thing.

Then about halfway down is a pull down for Camera number and pick camera 1 and then hit ok. The camera should show up. Then add camera and the select copy and copy this camera and then change the number 1 to a 2 and repeat for your cameras. OR depending on your NVR, it may populate all the cameras in the main and substream pulldown boxes and you just select a camera number and then add another camera and select the next pulldown.

That should allow you to then bring in the triggers unless this is one of the units that isn't ONVIF compatible.

In BI there are a few places you need to set this up in BI (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI):

In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".

Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.

Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box.

On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas in Zones A thru H)

On the alerts tab set up how to be notified.

Let us know if that works.

linh1234

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply!
As shown below I pulled the cameras connected to the NVR using the NVR local address. And with the help of this forum, I was able to find the path for both the main and substream profiles and manually typed it in for it to work.

If I were to type in the NVR local address and then press Find/Inspect, it doesn't automatically populate the main and sub stream profiles. And Don't think it was getting Onvif either as shown in the inspecting window and I know the Lorex cameras has Onvif protocol.
1696523001265.png

1696523090911.png

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply!
As shown below I pulled the cameras connected to the NVR using the NVR local address. And with the help of this forum, I was able to find the path for both the main and substream profiles and manually typed it in for it to work.

If I were to type in the NVR local address and then press Find/Inspect, it doesn't automatically populate the main and sub stream profiles. And Don't think it was getting Onvif either as shown in the inspecting window and I know the Lorex cameras has Onvif protocol.
View attachment 174086

View attachment 174087
hi @linh1234

Good question .. hmmm .. probably something on that here ..

Attachments

linh1234

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry I checked my NVR and the protocol for the cameras use is "private" so I guess it is not ONVIF :(...
1696525431243.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah not looking good.

If you have a way to power a camera, it might be worth pulling one off the NVR and see if you instead connected the cams to a POE switch could you then take advantage of the camera triggers?