Getting 3x analogue outputs from IP Cameras?

epyscs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Newbie here to the IP Camera world - but got a fair bit of networking background.
I am helping a sports club out with a wireless system they will use for judging events and they have a couple of odd requirements I need your advice on... so for background - the system I am planning uses long range wireless gear to send the signals from 3 cameras back to a central judging point where they will record the feeds.
*Note, longer term, they want to install 3 further security cameras to the system (for security) and possibly 2 more judging cameras.

However, the complexity comes as they have a judging system that uses an old BT878 capture card to go into a sport specific judging software via BNC connectors (video only). The software cannot be changed to take the IP camera feeds. There are 3 video feeds, 2 of which need to feed directly to each channel on the capture card, the 3rd needs to go to both the capture card plus a HD TV in as high res as possible.
They also need the ability to quickly replay the last few mins to the screens as necessary - note, this needs to be quick to do as they will be holding up the tournament.

So, how would you guys go about setting this up as NVR's don't have that many analogue outputs as far as I am aware. Being a club, funds are tight, but they don't need more flaky gear ruining their events.

Options I have briefly considered are things like the Hikvision DS6904UDI as well as an NVR, but concerned about overloading the network as I assume it doubles throughput from the camera, or simply 3x NVR's, but this is expensive. I have also looked at a few aliexpress IP Camera decoders - but have no idea if those things even work properly or again just hammer the network, plus they are pricey at $180usd a channel.