Getting IR with Dahua cameras on BI

Dseg42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have much PTZ functionality with my Dahua cameras but it would be nice to change the IR setting from BI.
I am not able to change it on any of them. I have mostly IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras. I did Find/Inspect in BI and it comes back with Generic/ONVIP as the make.
I've tried manually changing to the few Dahua options with no luck. Does anyone have feedback?

1584270310945.png

1584270276589.png

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In your first window, check Get events with PullPointSubscription. If BI can pull standard ONVIF events from your Dahua, that should solve your problem. But not all Dahuas are alike in this regard. You can further see what camera events are available to BI with Onvif Device Manager (ODM)--free download on the 'net.

Last edited:

Dseg42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In your first window, check Get events with PullPointSubscription. If BI can pull standard ONVIF events from your Dahua, that should solve your problem. But not all Dahuas are alike in this regard. You can further see what camera events are available to BI with Onvif Device Manager (ODM)--free download on the 'net.
Thanks for the reply. The PullPointSubscription didn't though. I tried different Make and Models with 2-3 different Dahua cameras and still couldn't get them to respond to IR changes from BI.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The PullPointSubscription didn't though. I tried different Make and Models with 2-3 different Dahua cameras and still couldn't get them to respond to IR changes from BI.
I can only use BI to turn IR on/off for some of my older Hiks...none of my Dahua's respond.