Getting motion triggers but can't see why

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm getting motion triggers, but when I test run it through the motion detector with 6 seconds of pre-buffer, it doesn't show me what triggered it. Is 6 seconds enough pre-buffer? I'm running 5.2.7.8. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm getting motion triggers, but when I test run it through the motion detector with 6 seconds of pre-buffer, it doesn't show me what triggered it. Is 6 seconds enough pre-buffer? I'm running 5.2.7.8. Thanks
What does it say on the alert image, external, Motion? If you are find inspect and have enabled in camera motion detection it can trigger it. Also remember that running through motion detection is profile specific.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It says Motion. I'm looking at triggers over the past 30 minutes so I'm reviewing them while I'm in the same profile I use for daytime. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying regarding find inspect. I'm using one zone which is the entire area and Edge Vector.

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
6 seconds is plenty of time - pretty sure the manual says 2 seconds - have mine set at 3 now and tested them all working fine.