Ghosting image 8MP HIKVISION DS-2CD2386G2-IU & HIKVISION DS-7608NI-I2-8P

kpnuts

n3wb
Reaction score
View attachment IMG_3806.MOVView attachment IMG_3809.mp4Hello all,

Thank you for the add, long time fan of security systems and CCTV. I’m no expert, I work for the NHS as my day job, so need some advice as to potentially where i’m going wrong?

Installed my CCTV system 7 months ago cat6 cable poe, installed nvr in the loft, fed a hdmi to the master bedroom so can I can view feed, all was working well, video was clear, then I upgraded the firmware on the NVR and cameras.

The picture in my opinion is clear and crisp. But when someone walks past now or a car is moving I get a ghosting or trail behind them.

My cameras & NVR - 3 turret type & 1 bullet all installed in the eeves of my property.

HIKVISION DS-2CD2386G2-IU ACUSENSE DARKFIGHTER IP TURRET CAMERA WITH BUILT IN MICROPHONE

HIKVISION DS-2CD2085G1-I 8MP 4K 30 METRE IR MINI BULLET CAMERA

HIKVISION DS-7608NI-I2-8P 4K 8 CHANNEL NVR WITH INBUILT POE - UPTO 12MP

It must be a culmination of picture/image setting & camera settings. Also now when going to replay a motion detection or line crossing, the review video states “no resources”?

I’ve attached some pics of setting & images. Also attached a short clip too.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks Kris

B74ECBBF-365A-498F-8BA7-4810AF89E831.jpeg Loft setup
E8B64A09-9AEA-43F5-B762-941ED998928D.jpegmaster bedroom hdmi connection from loftD60C81C0-25D2-4877-BED8-C82A9D18848B.jpeg

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
A couple of suggestions :
Turn the 'Expert mode' for DNR off, and reduce the value to maybe 30 or so.
That should deal with the video smear.

Drop the frame rate from Full frame down to 15fps
The configured high bitrate isn't being achieved, only about a third of what you've set, presumably a resource limitation.

kpnuts

n3wb
Reaction score
A couple of suggestions :
Turn the 'Expert mode' for DNR off, and reduce the value to maybe 30 or so.
That should deal with the video smear.

Hello Alastair, thank you, dropped the dnr 30, but due to a lamppost being situated right outside my house the night vision doesn’t kick in, the picture is brilliant, but when dnr is dropped to 30 the video stream becomes grainy, fuzzy and you can notice a lot of noise.

What would your recommendations be for this? I’m on gui 4.0.

Thanks Kp