Glitch switching from sub stream to main

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When I’m viewing cameras on my mobile I notice sometimes before it switches to the mainstream it shows a random clip from a saved video or early time in the day (as shown in this video). It doesn’t happen all the time it’s just sporadic.

Any idea how to prevent this?

Attachments

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep I have this same issue, support couldn't find any issues

I've decided to skip sub-stream until its more stable

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Some cameras seem to be problematic. Matching FPS and i-frame can cut that down quite a bit...except for when it doesn't LOL. Most of mine are instantaneous but 1 has a slight pause where I see the substream and then goes to mainstream, and one does that quick image from another time for a split second and then to it.

I run the substream for the CPU savings and can except that little blip. If you have the horsepower to not need it, then go without it.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
For me on all my Dahua cams (Listed in signature) it does it even for live view, which really bugs me. I leave it on my LPR cameras just because I never really view those anyway

Here is a sample, its dark right now and as you can see it flashes an image from all the way back when it was light at 4:54, and then switches back to 6:30...

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. That’s interesting experiences. Unfortunate that BI doesn’t seem to make much of it

I set all cams to h265 with I frame matching FPS with CBR. we’ll see if that helps tomorrow.
Thank you.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Switching between the streams has always had this glitch but Ken has updated to make the transition less glitchy quite a while back.

As far as I understand it when you switch from the sub to main it kicks off from the last image it had which if you don’t do this frequently could be from a while back and then starts streaming the live feed.

The benefits of using substreams for me greatly outweigh the negatives so I just accept it the way that it is.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
BI support says, "An update today 5.3.9 will free the main steam buffer completely when switching ..." so maybe that will help.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Kind of annoying they said the issue was on my end instantly, when they clearly know its a problem...

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think it was that big a deal, even in today's world of instant gratification, in the first place. A minor lag isn't that much of a problem, at least for me. Getting rid of it is nice, though, but I'll wait until tomorrow, at least, to see how this version settles in.