Global Camera Stop Recording Issue

mcapps

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've got a 64-camera setup with an issue I can't pinpoint. Each day, around 3:50PM (+-10 min) every camera on the NVR stops recording. During the same day, all cameras will stop recording, but some at 3:40, some at 3:58, some at 4:02, etc. After a random break of 10 to 40 minutes per camera, the cameras start recording again (all at random times).

I use the motion sensor trigger, which has worked flawlessly. If it's motion trigger related, there is certainly enough motion to trigger recording.

Screens from the same camera, different day. This camera is our production floor, which is always in motion and doesn't stop recording until midnight or so (historically has triggered properly).
Cam1.PNG Cam1.PNG

Anybody else had an issue like this, or any tips to help identify what's going on? Nothing of note in Event Viewer, no scheduled tasks run at this time, CPU and IO resources resources are on par with the rest of the day.

Server and cameras are also on a segregated network, no WAN access, and no network tasks that occur during this time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've got a 64-camera setup with an issue I can't pinpoint. Each day, around 3:50PM (+-10 min) every camera on the NVR stops recording. During the same day, all cameras will stop recording, but some at 3:40, some at 3:58, some at 4:02, etc. After a random break of 10 to 40 minutes per camera, the cameras start recording again (all at random times).

I use the motion sensor trigger, which has worked flawlessly. If it's motion trigger related, there is certainly enough motion to trigger recording.

Screens from the same camera, different day. This camera is our production floor, which is always in motion and doesn't stop recording until midnight or so (historically has triggered properly).
View attachment 26819 View attachment 26821

Anybody else had an issue like this, or any tips to help identify what's going on? Nothing of note in Event Viewer, no scheduled tasks run at this time, CPU and IO resources resources are on par with the rest of the day.

Server and cameras are also on a segregated network, no WAN access, and no network tasks that occur during this time.
check your schedule...

mcapps

n3wb
Reaction score
Schedule isn't enabled. I watched the system yesterday during the period of 3:30 to 4:30PM, and each camera showed the red border box and red record icon indicating recording, performance was normal, yet this morning the data isn't there. Recording stopped at 3:35PM and began at 4:16PM on one camera, another camera stopped at 3:49PM and began back at 4:19PM. All 64 cameras are doing this, all at different times, but all within 3:30 to 4:30PM. Maybe it has to do with clip length? Each clip is about 7 hours and 50 minutes

Capture.PNG

Maybe this could be a hint, all cameras make 3 recordings per day, starting around 8am. I'm noticing that nothing records from about midnight to 8am, then the first recording is very short. Is there a recording length? Capture.PNG

Edit: I found a setting: Combine or cut video each: 8 hrs. I think that's where the 3 clips were coming from. Is there a way to change all 64 cameras without exporting the registry, doing a search and replace on the value, and re-importing?

Last edited: