Going from BI 4 64bit to 32bit

lviperz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I see a lot of talk and suggestions about running BI 4 32bit if you only have 4 or so cameras. Mainly due to the 32 bit being more stable. Is it just more stable or does it also use less cpu resources? Also, can I just export my settings in the 64 bit and import them to the 32 bit version?

Reaction score
I have used both blue iris 4 32 and 64. The performance on my system was exactly the same between the two (7 HD cameras). My CPU usage on both 32 and 64 were the same. Ram is limited to 4GB in 32bit, but that shouldn't affect you. Its a good idea to backup the settings, but you don't need to when switching between the versions. You can seamlessly uninstall your 64 version and install the 32 version and it will import all your settings exactly the same.

I personally switched back to 32 bit version because the 64 bit version was crashing on me every few hours.

byee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
dave,

thanks for the posting the information.

I just purchased BI v4 for my system. I've been running the 64bit version in demo mode with 1 camera with no issues.

Once I get the key code, I will export my existing settings from the 64bit demo version (if I can) then import the settings to my full 32bit version.

Where do I find the function to export my existing settings? how do I import into the new 32bit version?

Thank you!

Reaction score
To export the configuration go to general settings > about > Export Settings.
To import, there is a button above for importing. This reg file works across both 32 and 64 versions.