Going out the country for a few days..was wondering how would I view my cameras and download its playback footages using my laptop?

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I plan on travelling to different countries for a whole week but was wondering how would I view my cameras and download its playback footages using my laptop? I know my old non Dahua CCTV setup came with a software to view camera and down playback footages using my laptop? Not too sure how it works on Dahuas?

P.s. Yes, I do use the iDmss app but it's playback doesn't seem to be working for me. Even so, I still prefer laptop to view and download things since moving the slider is much more easier to set which times.

Would like to hear your suggestions.

Thanks and also, great work guys on the recent camera reviews. :)

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How are you viewing it now while you are still in the country?

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How are you viewing it now while you are still in the country?
Atm, I am using iDMSS pro app to view it. Though, the playback isn't working for some reason. I also have my NVR connected to my monitor to view the cams. Would love to know if Dahua has a software client where it allows users to view multiple cameras’ live feeds anywhere anytime and play back pre-recorded footage remotely remotely. Support multi-screen live streaming.

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you add the cameras to the iDMSS usng the NVR IP or individual IP of cameras? The app can do all of that you ask for.

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you add the cameras to the iDMSS usng the NVR IP or individual IP of cameras? The app can do all of that you ask for.
Using the NVR IP. Yep, I know that the iDMSS app can do all of this but as I have stated, the app has been unable to view the playback footages...at the moment, it is only used as a viewing app. Would like a Windows 10 software program for my laptop to do all of this. Plus, my laptop has a large storage amount so downloading footages to my laptop would be great. So Dahua doesn't have a Windows 10 program that can do this?