Good / better night time camera

Reaction score
I did the same mistanke as many others before me, and jumped on the Reolink cameras, due to good reviews and good pricing. I have to many of those, but its to expencive to replace them all, so I will try to replace the one at my entrance at first.

But, what does the community recomend when it comes to a good night time camera?
I dont want to break the bank on it, but 100-120 USD might work for me...

Or, would it help, to put up external IR lights in the area I want to keep an eye on?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
The Dahua 5442 is very popular here, I have 2 myself which I recently purchased from Andy here on the forum. Works good in default/auto but shines when you take some time to set it up for your specific requirements.

The fixed lens version is more than your budget but is in my opinion worth the extra.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
With your budget try a Dahua 3241T-ZAS. It's a 2MP camera with a 1/2.8" sensor. With enough light, not a lot by any means, it can maintain color at night with little or minimal blur of motion. I have three and they are pretty good. I also have a few 5442s which are definitely better but are more expensive.

3241T-ZAS Review