Good deal Annke 180 degree dual 1/1.8 for $220?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^Wow. Where is the splice between the two? Does this camera do it automatically? It appears the Annke you have to adjust it based on individual field of view?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
^Wow. Where is the splice between the two? Does this camera do it automatically? It appears the Annke you have to adjust it based on individual field of view?
I don nothing just plug in and play pic. My window is narrow but view still very good, tomorrow I upload the 4K pic. The pic just a screenshot lol.

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is there enough movement in the turret "ball" to allow for direct wall mount (without the optional wall bracket)?

- Thomas

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
It is there, if you are not looking for it, you will not see it. Look at the warehouse pics, the orange reddish shelves, very little effect from it but you can see the stitch, still a very good pic for a 180 cam. Distance pictures are almost hard to find with the Hikvision until somebody walks in front of the cam. Looks like its going to be a good seller for Andy. I saw a demo of Univiews version, they have a 160 Degree cam and you can adjust the stitch on the fly, cannot do that with the Hik. Either way for most people the stitch once its best set will be a non issue.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
It is there, if you are not looking for it, you will not see it. Look at the warehouse pics, the orange reddish shelves, very little effect from it but you can see the stitch, still a very good pic for a 180 cam. Distance pictures are almost hard to find with the Hikvision until somebody walks in front of the cam. Looks like its going to be a good seller for Andy. I saw a demo of Univiews version, they have a 160 Degree cam and you can adjust the stitch on the fly, cannot do that with the Hik. Either way for most people the stitch once its best set will be a non issue.
Yes, I do see it now that you have pointed the stitch out.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yeah that blends in well. That looked like just a notch or indent on that.

I guess the true test is with a person.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I think the dahua one best design is the ball part can adjustment very well, easy to install, and the size much smaller than hikvision, this is the big advantage. Pics i think dahua one will do a little better than hikvision, new chips on these new 4K is little better than the hik ones. I don't have the hik one now. Maybe grab one for some testing later. The turret latest firmware also use the bullet one that we worked with @Wildcat_1 and dahua for around 1.5 month, before old version fw has tons of bugs, this one is much better, but still have some issue about the ePTZ, this new function on latest dahua wide view lens camera, i think later update will make this function working the best.

1667872433377.png

Last edited:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I think the dahua one best design is the ball part can adjustment very well, easy to install, and the size much smaller than hikvision, this is the big advantage. Pics i think dahua one will do a little better than hikvision, new chips on these new 4K is little better than the hik ones. I don't have the hik one now. Maybe grab one for some testing later. The turret latest firmware also use the bullet one that we worked with @Wildcat_1 and dahua for around 1.5 month, before old version fw has tons of bugs, this one is much better, but still have some issue about the ePTZ, this new function on latest dahua wide view lens camera, i think later update will make this function working the best.

View attachment 145105
Yea looks like Dahua has more features, might be fun to do a side by side on these.

Reaction score
makes me wonder why they never attempted a dual 5442. Dahua chasing after pixels, perhaps? I only have 2 of the 4k cameras in my woodworking shop, not outside for night duty. It is my understanding that 4k cameras have that day <> night tradeoff.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I am guessing that you wouldn’t have it set like this when capturing for motion or you’d get blur correct? Or is this still fast enough not to get blurred images with motion?
I did roll some video with this setting, more of a ghosting effect than anything else. This is the incorrect camera for me in this setting (at night) because lack of light however its still way better than any IR I have at the distances I'm covering. Even with a moonlit sky, I could barely see the treeline, its actually pretty dark, testing the effects of how it uses and amplifies existing light. In this setting for myself, this would be a great spotter cam for a PTZ.