Good iOS app to use with ONVIF cameras

mm5300

n3wb
Reaction score
I apologize if this is not the best place for this, but I didn't see an area for apps unrelated to BI. I was using the Baby Monitor app for all my cameras and it was working great for some time. But for some reason, it just stopped working with one of my ONVIF cameras. I can access the camera on my desktop with internal and external IP addresses, but the app doesn't seem to want to work any more. It looks like no one is updating it any more because when I tried to email about an issue from the app, the email was returned due to the not being able to deliver it, and the online help link fails.

So that being said, I guess I'll need to find a new iOS app. I was able to get IPCamViewerPro to work with all my cameras, but the interface seems antiquated and the pan/tilt is REALLY slow compared to Baby Monitor. I haven't been able to get the ONVIF cameras to be recognized with OWLR. I've tried some others with and haven't had much luck. Any recommendations/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm not an Apple guy, but I really like TinyCam. I started using it when we got our second baby monitor. You can display multiple cameras per screen with multiple audio streams. I liked it enough that I purchased the Pro version, which is saying something for me.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not an Apple guy, but I really like TinyCam. I started using it when we got our second baby monitor. You can display multiple cameras per screen with multiple audio streams. I liked it enough that I purchased the Pro version, which is saying something for me.
I have Tinycam Pro on my Sony (Android) TV and I also like it...too bad they don't have an iOS version for the OP.

There once was a GREAT iOS app by Eggman Technologies called Live Cams Pro but it has fallen off the face of the earth......

mm5300

n3wb
Reaction score
There is an app in the appstore called TinyCam from someone named Jianjian Huang, but it doesn't have many ratings and those are not good. I installed it and tried it, but it doesn't pick up any of my cameras with the search and if I use the ip address and port, it still doesn't find it. Might be someone trying to go off of name recognition. I just looked up the TinyCam website and they are actually the ones that made the Baby Monitor app I was using. It's interesting if you go to the link for the Baby Monitor app on there website it's a dead link. I guess they are not supporting it anymore. Maybe I can email the contact on TinyCam and get some information.

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have Tinycam Pro on my Sony (Android) TV and I also like it...too bad they don't have an iOS version for the OP.

There once was a GREAT iOS app by Eggman Technologies called Live Cams Pro but it has fallen off the face of the earth......
Really? I looked and thought I saw it listed for iOS. My bad.

mm5300

n3wb
Reaction score
No biggie.... IIIRC, they have a iOS app called "Baby Monitor", though.... no PTZ, etc.
Their Baby Monitor app I am using on iOS does have PTZ. I never had any issues with it until recently and just on this one camera, so I'm not sure. I did hear back from the contact at TinyCam and all he said was "We do not support the iOS app anymore. I haven't heard about such issues on iOS". Hopefully I can find something similar that will work with all my cameras. :confused: