Good option to use line of sight radio to support camera about 1/4 mile across a lake.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looking at ubiquity but open to any equipment to go from dvr to camera. Camera will be pole mounted. May have power at the pole/cam location.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Finally added a couple of cameras to an existing penta-brid dvr using two ubiquity Nano Loco m 5ghs ap/station bridge. My biggest complaint is they seen very lightweight for outdoor weather. - Anyone else have the same concerns about the ubiquity CPEs out in the rain/ stormy weather? At least the cameras have 66/67 ratings to go by.
Gotta be a better weatherproof system. I'm not very knowledgeable about all ubiquity products. I did love the gui and performance 100%. Just may need a more weatherproofing system.

Anyone else know a solid solution?

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I haven't crossed her lake yet. These two cameras were for the top of her drive, mostly. Line of sight clear and maybe 400 yards. Great signal.

Now I need to cross the lake to a pole with great line of sight but 5 times the distance and the pole mounted ap_station will be up high dealing with all the weather. It too will be point to point with two locked on radios.

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looking at ubiquity but open to any equipment to go from dvr to camera. Camera will be pole mounted. May have power at the pole/cam location.
I’m using a pair of ubiquity nanobeam gen 2 5g ac between my house and my dads house 300 meters away. They work awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Finally added a couple of cameras to an existing penta-brid dvr using two ubiquity Nano Loco m 5ghs ap/station bridge. My biggest complaint is they seen very lightweight for outdoor weather. - Anyone else have the same concerns about the ubiquity CPEs out in the rain/ stormy weather? At least the cameras have 66/67 ratings to go by.
Gotta be a better weatherproof system. I'm not very knowledgeable about all ubiquity products. I did love the gui and performance 100%. Just may need a more weatherproofing system.

Anyone else know a solid solution?
Mine are under eaves so that helps. But I see them all over town being used on top of buildings and schools out in the open. But yes I was a bit worried about the weathering that’s why mine are tucked under the eaves.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I also have a pair of Nanobeams running for about 5 years now. They are fully exposed to weather and full sun. No issues at all.

The radios are sealed up in that plastic shell. I dont see any reason to worry.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.
They do lose their shine and get a little yellow from the ozone & UV but they still work...their main mission.
That being said, it doesn't hurt to place under an eave when possible as long as they are plumb and aimed properly.....and work.
I'm a BIG Ubiquiti fan.

EDIT: I'd say it's a bigger concern to insure the cable is outdoor rated and has a good drip loop when needed.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I also have a pair of Nanobeams running for about 5 years now. They are fully exposed to weather and full sun. No issues at all.
The radios are sealed up in that plastic shell. I dont see any reason to worry.
Thanks for the input guys!

Rakin

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
+1^^.
They do lose their shine and get a little yellow from the ozone & UV but they still work...their main mission.
That being said, it doesn't hurt to place under an eave when possible as long as they are plumb and aimed properly.....and work.
I'm a BIG Ubiquiti fan.

EDIT: I'd say it's a bigger concern to insure the cable is outdoor rated and has a good drip loop when needed.
Yes exactly! I’ve seen a lot of cable not UV rated turn to dust from sun exposure.