Got Graffiti'ed

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Unfortunately still can't afford a setup. Paid the price with Graffiti over the weekend right outside my side door. I now look out onto graffiti less than 10 foot from my back door. Haven't posted a still picture so as to not give the "artist" any media exposure which is what they ultimately want. Neighbour has been useless so far in removing it.

Unfortunately, the lack of a camera means the toe rags are going to probably get away with it. Tonight I've positioned my dashcam in parking mode to hopefully catch any additions. Thank god someone invented power banks.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Go on then. Meet my lovely new side door view:

Can't even tell what it says apart from maybe the guy likes a smoke!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately still can't afford a setup.
C'mon. man. You've been a member for over 2 years now and still no cams ("setup") ? You've got a lot more will power than I do. :highfive:

At least get yourself 2 cams with SD cards so you might capture something. It's like the lottery...you're not guaranteed to win if you play but you'll never win if you don't play.
Get the right kind so you can move to PC with Blue Iris or NVR in the future.

Sorry about the tag....I cleaned hundreds of them off of traffic signal controller cabinets, and traffic signal and street light poles. They're like a cancer that spreads.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
C'mon. man. You've been a member for over 2 years now and still no cams ("setup") ? You've got a lot more will power than I do. :highfive:

At least get yourself 2 cams with SD cards so you might capture something. It's like the lottery...you're not guaranteed to win if you play but you'll never win if you don't play.
Get the right kind so you can move to PC with Blue Iris or NVR in the future.

Sorry about the tag....I cleaned hundreds of them off of traffic signal controller cabinets, and traffic signal and street light poles. They're like a cancer that spreads.
No money unfortunately. As for graffiti, yes that's the annoying aspect. If you leave it, it attracts more people to "tag" in response. Told the neighbour this and they've done nothing. Not sure they care as they don't have to look out onto it.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Got Graffiti'ed again tonight - Halloween Effect. Can't believe this, this year has been the 1st time in 50yrs anything like this happened. Part of the issue is the old graffiti is still up, albeit, it's in hand. My experience is one tag encourages another.

5 new tags:

Rollo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't know where you are but in the UK when notified the local council often will remove it within 24 hours (or faster if obscene/offensive) if its on public property, or can remove it and bill the property owner in some cases.

If that was on my street I'd report it as a racial epithet and it would be gone.

I also pick up any litter I see on my street - graffiti and trash breed more graffiti and trash.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks Looney / Rollo.

As it happens my neighbour has reported it to the Council but no action despite it being several weeks. I think they have so much they don't want to tackle it. I might ring them myself this afternoon and see if I can speed it up.

bluealmond

n3wb
Reaction score
brick is difficult to remove, after you clean it why not put a sealant on the brick to make it easier to clean up the next time it happens. i really hate taggers by the way.

whatevah

n3wb
Reaction score
Use the repeat visit as your impetus to start on your system... I'd suggest starting with this guy: US $124.99 5% OFF|2019 Latest New Model IPC T2231T ZS 2MP Starlight WDR IR Eyeball IP Camera Motorized vari focal 2.7mm–13.5mm, free DHL shipping on AliExpress - 11.11_Double 11_Singles' Day The latest 2MP Starlight series, varifocal lens so you don't have to guess which lens to buy, SD card for stand-alone capability... get a POE injector or POE switch, add an SD card and you've started your system. As time goes on, add other cameras and an NVR or Blue Iris system. Best of luck!

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
brick is difficult to remove, after you clean it why not put a sealant on the brick to make it easier to clean up the next time it happens. i really hate taggers by the way.
Yeah I thought of this, I thought maybe something like Thompson's Waterseal. However, it's not my wall. I did mention it to my neighbour though.