GPU Card

John V

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a 21 camera system (Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz), running CodeprojectAI and have major CPU usage during the day time.

I'm looking to get a NVidia GPU and have no idea where to start.

thanks

hadberz

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought a used Nvidia Quadro P1000 which works great. I have 11 cameras on i7-9700 and get around 3% CPU usage (continuous record on the sub streams).

heyho

n3wb
Reaction score
Not as big a setup as yours but I have a 5 camera system running CodeprojectAI. I had a very basic graphics card (wthout GPU). Got a cheap £40 Nvidia GTX970 card and setup from scratch and am very pleased with the result. So I am usre a newer card with a greater spec will reap rewards.

I wasnt going to do a full o/s + BI reinstall but I had issues with my o/s after a Microsoft update. I do recommend it as I had played around with CUDA etc.

Bruce_H

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a 21 camera system (Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz), running CodeprojectAI and have major CPU usage during the day time.

I'm looking to get a NVidia GPU and have no idea where to start.

thanks
Are all the cameras recording direct to disk? Are they all set to 15 fps? Are you using substreams? I am not sure that the video card will be much use to BI directly as on my system turning off Hardware Acceleration actually reduces my CPU usage with 18 cameras, but will probably help CPAI!