Grandstream Doorbell / Video Intercom GDS3710 - Do not buy

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is an unboxing done by Onsip - a free sip provider. Grandstream has fallen behind with its IP cameras and its offerings are irrelevant and dated. This bell is a newer product released in 2017.
These are available for about 270 via ebay and some other online stores.
I have just completed testing this unit (note, I only tested the video feed and sip functions) and while I have recommend it as something for others to try in the past, I cannot recommend this unit any longer. The unit was running the latest 1.0.4.9 firmware.
The image quality was acceptable for a 2mp 180 degree camera. Note there is no IR capability, not a big deal as I prefer always on lighting at the front door.
The unit operates over POE - on the bell end you connect the pairs to a terminal block connector as seen in the video.
There is no local SD card recording.
The unit supports rtsp/onvif.
Not a fan of the touch buttons. Phisical buttons like on the audio only is my preference. GDS3705 GDS3705 | Grandstream Networks
Sip calling worked over onsip, though I could not get video to display using grandstreams app. I was able to do it using BRIA mobile. .
Now to the issue. The unit cannot maintain a stable constant rtsp feed. I tested sending the video to blue iris as well as VLC. It kept locking up. Perhaps I got a bum unit. I will never know as their support appears to be farmed out to India or elsewhere. The replies evidence that they have not read my ticket properly and/or dont have basic reading comprehension skills. Shame.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Now to the issue. The unit cannot maintain a stable constant rtsp feed. I tested sending the video to blue iris as well as VLC. It kept locking up. Perhaps I got a bum unit. I will never know as their support appears to be farmed out to India or elsewhere. The replies evidence that they have not read my ticket properly and/or dont have basic reading comprehension skills. Shame.
I read the manual for it a while ago and thought some aspects of it were a bit kludgy, especially code based access control.

I doubt it will help, but I'd try bench testing with a different cable and powering it from whatever dc or ac supply it's rated for.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I read the manual for it a while ago and thought some aspects of it were a bit kludgy, especially code based access control.

I doubt it will help, but I'd try bench testing with a different cable and powering it from whatever dc or ac supply it's rated for.
I tested with a cable I made then again just to be sure with a monoprice cable that I cut on the doorbell end so I can connect to the terminal blocks. I did not test with a standalone power supply.
Its already on its way back. If the tech support would have been half decent I would have held on to it but it was clear that I would get nowhere with them. You would think they were china based.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback on this one, doesn’t seem a goer
If you have a seller with a good return policy, you might want to try it, I just didn't want to get stuck with a dud.