Greeting from Down Under

sulleb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a newb from Perth West Australia a retired SCADA Technician (supervisory control and data acquisition) was working with the local Power Utility.

I recently purchased 4 of those new Hi3516D + OV4689 based cameras and within 4 months they have all failed. I would love to find out more about them and maybe workout whats gone wrong with the help of all the fine people with whom Im surrounded.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a newb from Perth West Australia a retired SCADA Technician (supervisory control and data acquisition) was working with the local Power Utility.

I recently purchased 4 of those new Hi3516D + OV4689 based cameras and within 4 months they have all failed. I would love to find out more about them and maybe workout whats gone wrong with the help of all the fine people with whom Im surrounded.
Welcome !
Do you have much lightning in Perth? Did they all fail at once or one-at-a-time?
Also, @vincenttor bought some new almost 30 months ago here, might have some info by now.

sulleb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi TonyR,
Thanks for your welcome.
I have alisterstevenson helping me in the "4 mp Hi3516D+OV4869" thread. I suspected the cameras had changed their addresses back to default after NVR resets. One of the 4 has managed to resurface with its original address. I just wondering why it happened, with DHCP off at the NVR, all cameras should be able to survive a reset.