Greetings and Felicitaions from Texas

QuasiTech

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been in the security business since 1981, so I'm an old geezer, seen lots of changes. Own my own company now, we started using primarily ip cameras back around 2005.

We have since backed into HDI and TVI protocol cameras for retrofits as a cost saving measure, but in my opinion these are just a logical evolution of the digital camera using a different pathway than tcp/ip.

I bought a bunch of Chinese Hikvision cameras (fool that I am) to play with at my own house (I'm always trying something new on my exacq server at home to see what's out there). Anyways, exacq had upgraded to the point that the old hacked firmware was no longer fully supported, no motion masking edit.

That's when I started looking around for ways to solve the problem and found your site. This is undoubtedly the best resource for laymen and pros alike for trying to save an old camera, adapt it to a new system, new applications, etc. There are some pretty sharp dudes around here.

I found a Chinese download site and got 5.30 firmware to work and made exacq happy, but of course the gui is all Chinese now. I was trying to fix that when I saw some smart fellow had built a dav modder, quite brilliant. I had to register to get it, since I had no idea how to do that myself.

I have ordered a usb-ttl uart mod (psh was a surprise)and will serial in to one of these soon, thanks to the guys that taught us how. I may try to reset back to 5.25 and then move back up, we'll see.

So , in closing thanks for having a site like this and I may ask a question or two eventually, I think most of my questions have been asked already, I just need to do a bunch of reading and piddling.

Cheers

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome Quasi,

Good to see you posting your 1st post. Looking forward to some fun stories from you.