Greetings from Austin, Texas

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hello all... I recently purchased some Hikvision 3MP IP cams for both security and some weather cams and I'm using Blue Iris to control most everything. I just wanted to say hello and thank you in advance for the questions I'll probably have trying to learn how to use Blue Iris.

I am a bit confused about one thing though, there appear to be two forums for Blue Iris support. This IP Cam Talk forum and the Cam-It! forum. I'm not trying to cause any problems or any competition here, but is one forum considered the "official" Blue Iris support forum? They are both listed on the Blue Iris support page. I'm just wanting to make sure I post my questions in the forum where they are most likely to be answered by experienced members.

Thanks and I look forward to learning more and hopefully, eventually trying to help other new members.

Scott from Austin Texas

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all... I recently purchased some Hikvision 3MP IP cams for both security and some weather cams and I'm using Blue Iris to control most everything. I just wanted to say hello and thank you in advance for the questions I'll probably have trying to learn how to use Blue Iris.

I am a bit confused about one thing though, there appear to be two forums for Blue Iris support. This IP Cam Talk forum and the Cam-It! forum. I'm not trying to cause any problems or any competition here, but is one forum considered the "official" Blue Iris support forum? They are both listed on the Blue Iris support page. I'm just wanting to make sure I post my questions in the forum where they are most likely to be answered by experienced members.

Thanks and I look forward to learning more and hopefully, eventually trying to help other new members.

Scott from Austin Texas
Welcome to the forum!..there is no official blue iris support forum, that is why they are both listed..both are user run and there are experienced blue iris users on both..

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thank you fenderman! You've already helped me out a couple times. I'm learning....