Greetings from North Dakota (new guy here)!

flux

n3wb
Reaction score
Ahoy Everyone!

I've been browsing the threads here at ipcamtalk for a couple of weeks. I'm very impressed with the wealth of knowledge out here. I've been dinking around with IP cameras for about five years.

My workplace uses Axis camera, so I've had a chance to play with those. I like the Axis line of products, but can't get over their premium price. I bought a zmodo kit off a friend for next to nothing, as just something to "play around" with. So I guess you could say I've seen a little of both ends of the quality spectrum.

I'm getting serious about security at home now, and I'm looking to get started on some Dahua's. Specifically, the Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z.

I'm not 100% sure where or who I should buy those from, or what firmware considerations I should be making. From what I've read you order the cameras from a china supplier. The cameras will come with an "international" firmware. Do I then simply flash the appropriate English NTSC firmware?

Also, I should mentioned I purchased a copy BlueIris and love it.

Thanks Everyone!

flux

n3wb
Reaction score
Purchase from our friend EmpireTech Andy.

Unless you have a problem, typically there is NO reason to update firmware when the cam arrives.

I suggest you study the cliff notes in the Wiki at the top of the page.
Thanks for the reply!

I'm assuming you're referencing the sticky at the top labeled "Resource Guide on IP Technology for all Noobs".

I'll get at it. Thanks for the purchasing link.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

I'm assuming you're referencing the sticky at the top labeled "Resource Guide on IP Technology for all Noobs".

I'll get at it. Thanks for the purchasing link.
That's good too, but I'm referring to the blue bar at the top of the page "Wiki".