Greetings from Texas

cp-digital

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been a member for a while and spent a good deal of time reading and searching the forums. Built a new house recently and had it pre-wired for IP Cams. I decided on Blue Iris early on and used the many helpful posts and reviews here to aid in my camera selections. Re-purposed and restored an older PC for BI and recording. Installed cams and BI and it went pretty smooth save one bad CAT5e line I have to deal with. Temporarily added all cams into BI with generic ONVIF as a test and final alignment. Now the fun process of re-installing all cams into BI, tweaking the settings, setting up for recording, Deep Stack, and mobile access. I always try to search what is already available in the forums, but am sure if I run into any setbacks, there are plenty here who have seen and done it all. Hopefully I won’t have to ask the questions, but glad to know there is such a knowledgeable and helpful community here.

PC – Intel i7-3770K with 32GB RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB DDR5. SSD main drive, 2X WD Purple 6TB
POE Switch - Cqenpr 11 Port POE++, 120W total output
Cams:
2X - SD4A425DB-HNY 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-Tracking mini-PTZ
4X - IPC-T24IR-AS 4MP fixed-focal Starlight turrets
3X - IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2 4MP Starlight Mini Dome Dual Lens

cp-digital

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking forward to any video and insight you share. Will be interested in your opinion of the two SD4A425DB-HNY cams.
Thanks. In time I will. I can tell that they are going to need a little more tweaking than my other cams, but out of the box they are pretty decent. Install was super easy for the flush mount under the soffit. Web UI modern is pretty comprehensive and you can tell some work went into it.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I have been a member for a while and spent a good deal of time reading and searching the forums. Built a new house recently and had it pre-wired for IP Cams. I decided on Blue Iris early on and used the many helpful posts and reviews here to aid in my camera selections. Re-purposed and restored an older PC for BI and recording. Installed cams and BI and it went pretty smooth save one bad CAT5e line I have to deal with. Temporarily added all cams into BI with generic ONVIF as a test and final alignment. Now the fun process of re-installing all cams into BI, tweaking the settings, setting up for recording, Deep Stack, and mobile access. I always try to search what is already available in the forums, but am sure if I run into any setbacks, there are plenty here who have seen and done it all. Hopefully I won’t have to ask the questions, but glad to know there is such a knowledgeable and helpful community here.

PC – Intel i7-3770K with 32GB RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB DDR5. SSD main drive, 2X WD Purple 6TB
POE Switch - Cqenpr 11 Port POE++, 120W total output
Cams:
2X - SD4A425DB-HNY 4MP 25x Starlight Auto-Tracking mini-PTZ
4X - IPC-T24IR-AS 4MP fixed-focal Starlight turrets
3X - IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2 4MP Starlight Mini Dome Dual Lens
Welcome! How has your experience with the 5441s been? They're referred to here as BoobieCams. lol

I'm working on a project to install one on my front walkway between the front door and gate from the street. It will be used only for face detection. I found the cam to be woefully under-powered doing face detection on both channels at the same time. Once I dropped the fps to 5 on both channels, it started picking up everything properly. 5 fps works for my scenario as I'm only interested in getting face captures of everyone entering and leaving the property.

Look forward to learning from your experiences!

Cheers!