Grey Internet Explorer Icon

yojeffro

n3wb
Reaction score
2 - EmpireTech IPC-T5442T-ZE
1 - EmpireTech NVR8CH-8P

Newbie here. I have read through the wiki/cliff notes and I still cannot figure out why the internet explorer icon is greyed out preventing me from accessing the settings in the camera directly. I apologize if this is such a basic thing and this question has been repeated.

I have and can log into the NVR on Chrome, Brave, Safari and now Pale Moon and the Internet Explorer icon never turns blue as explained in the guide from bigredfish. Each cameras shows a green dot under status. I can see the feed when I click on Cameras when logged into the NVR. My head is spinning. This is beginning to be more of an ordeal setting these up than I was expecting. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

yojeffro

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey TonyR.
Before I purchased the cameras I updated a spare HP All in One that is running Windows 11 unfortunately. I also tried to use the the IE extension via multiple browsers on that PC. I also have my main computer which is a newer MAC that I have tried on as well.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep you need actual IE as mentioned above, not the IE extension in chrome or edge

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thats one of the newer model NVRs.

I can use most functions with plain Edge and/or enabling it in IE mode on Windows 11 on all of my NVRs. But I dont have a new EI model
NVR-Cameras.png

Its something else.... usually if Green indicators you're good to go

Check if Virtual Host is enabled
NVR-VirtualHost.png

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@yojeffro, in your NVR, go to the Networking Settings menu and under TCP/IP, check that you have enabled “Virtual Host.” After you enable that option, restart your NVR and check that the IE icons are now blue in the Camera List in the NVR. Once the icon is blue, you can click on it and access the camera settI go.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Pale moon 32 bit works pretty well on most Dahua devices.

The problem with any browser other than IE, (though I have success with Edge running in IE mode) is twofold
1- some functions and buttons just don’t appear (playback/download controls on NVR for example)
2- some settings will not stick after logging out.