Grinding sound PTZ camera

DavaX

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys i got a problem , i just bought new security camera anpviz ptz

And i was installing SD card into it

And when i powered it on , there was like grinding sound , is this normal or what ?

When I was installing sd i may accidentally moved the camera left or right , so now it doesnt know its position or what ?

Please help

Check video:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
It won’t harm it to try and calibrate it.

Also what orientation would that cam normally be installed in, maybe having it sitting in a desk like that instead of hanging the other way up is also having an effect?

DavaX

n3wb
Reaction score
How to calibrate it , i dont know anything.

It will be installed upside down , , yes same effect upside down .

Anyway how do the motors know their end position ?

Are cameras calibrated in factory and when power off happens they save his last position or how

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
If it’s new contact the person you got it from for instructions else google the model number to see if you can find the info.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hard to tell from the video how loud the sounds are. It is normal for a PTZ like that to be audible from a few feet away when moving, and it may even have a soft hum while not moving. Mainly it is the big ones meant to be mounted outdoors that can be heard while not moving. Any grinding noise during startup (especially if the camera isn't moving at the moment) could simply be the motor's natural reaction from hitting the edge as the camera self-calibrates or self-tests or whatever it is they do when they move at startup.

DavaX

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes thank you guys

It only does that on startup after that it rotates quietly and nicely.

I was thinking maybe it has some fault so i didn't want to break something.

Because it moves up and down to the edges and I hear this grinding sound , I didn't want to break the gears or whatever.

" the start of 8 seconds in is normal?" Sorry, what do you mean ?

____

And one more problem , I installed 128 gb SD card.

I formatted the card first on pc (slow formatting) and then also on a web camera browser in settings , it detects the sd but it says error (failure).

Attachments