Group Auto-Cycle

Reaction score
I've read the manual about group auto-cycle, but I may be mis-interpreting what that means. Here's what I'd like to do if it's possible to do it.

I have 4 cameras for the front of our house and defined as a group called "Front of House" - very original, I know.
I have another 4 cameras in a group called "Back of House".
My 32" monitor is large enough to show each group in a 2x2 layout.
I would like to auto cycle from one group to the next, so first show Front of House group for about 4 seconds, then show Back of House for 4 seconds, and repeat.

Is Group Auto Cycle intended to do this? I see in the manual you have to be careful about where you initiate auto cycle from; i.e., start for All Cameras or start from a group.

Any advice?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Edit 4/9/2024: Revised screen shots and explanation after learning more.

SOLVED
Here are the settings I found that do what I needed, which is to alternately display one group, then another, in an auto-cycle.

From this view, select the circled gear icon to bring up the group settings for that group.
1712728940956.png

Only one group shown below as an example, so for all groups you want cycled check the two circled items. The "Favor...." check box will make that group visible if any camera in the group is triggered***(see note at bottom), and per the manual temporarily bypasses other groups in the cycle.
1712727463742.png

In the BI System Settings (gear icon), select Cameras tab, then I checked the box shown.
1712727587322.png

Back in that first image above, make sure the auto-cycle button is lit (square), then expand the group to full screen (triangle). The auto cycle should start, which in my case alternately shows one 2x2 Front of House group, then the 2x2 Back of House group, and repeat.

***To have any camera in a group cause that group to trigger, go to each camera in that group, check "Trigger Camera Groups", and select that group's name. I also have a PTZ trigger but that's a separate choice not related to this.

1712728677282.png

Last edited: