Group trigger alerts

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Using the latest version of BI and I’ve recently noticed that one of my camera which uses IVS and ONVIF is failing to trigger an alert. What’s even stranger is that the camera is set as part of a group trigger and although the other camera has triggered it’s failing to do the group trigger so the camera that failed also fails to trigger and alert.

Not changed anything for ages and they have been working for ages. The cams are a 5442-ze and a 5442 fixed. The one that’s failing on IVS and not alerting is the 5442-ze of that makes a difference?

Should add that there are no signal loss events recorded on either cam.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many of us have noticed that on an update, these ONVIF triggers get broke and then if you roll back, they work again.

What worked in my case was to go back to the problem camera and hit the find/inspect in Camera settings again and the camera started working. Or do a rollback to a previous version if you do not need what the latest update is providing.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
@wittaj yes I was on that thread that discussed this problem.

In my case the external triggers are working in the main but the cam is missing some. I’ve setup up a group trigger as a sort of backup so the other camera should trigger this one but for some reason the group trigger within BI also isn’t working.

I think I need to take a closer look as I’ve just scanned through the previous alerts and there are no group triggers over the last few days.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Factory defaulted the cam today and reconfigured it. Will monitor it over the next few days to see if the issue is fixed.