Groups in BI

OMG-MGM

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there
we have over 30 cameras onsite and we are looking to set up users to have access to groups of cameras that only they need to view. The webserver is up and running and Ive created my first user and created a camera group for that user so when I log in from the browser as that user I only see the cameras for that user, which is great!... I have now created a 2nd user and select another group of cameras, but when I log in as the 2nd user I see the first users groups of cameras? and no sign of the cameras I selected for the 2nd user. Is there something I missed?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there
we have over 30 cameras onsite and we are looking to set up users to have access to groups of cameras that only they need to view. The webserver is up and running and Ive created my first user and created a camera group for that user so when I log in from the browser as that user I only see the cameras for that user, which is great!... I have now created a 2nd user and select another group of cameras, but when I log in as the 2nd user I see the first users groups of cameras? and no sign of the cameras I selected for the 2nd user. Is there something I missed?
in blue iris options>users>limit camera groups make sure only the group you want the user to see is highlighted blue

OMG-MGM

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, thank you for your reply. I have been in the BI options>users>and selected the camera group. Ive been testing the anonymous user first I unticked the anonymous user and I was prompted for an authentication pop up, Secondly ticked the anonymous user and highlighted both camera groups and then I logged on as the 1st user and I saw both camera groups then I logged on as the 2nd user and saw both groups again. how do I get BI to let me log in as one user and then see only their cameras? Ive just noticed that I can login through the browser without entering a user and I see the cameras groups that anonymous user has. (ive highlighted both groups) Me confused:/

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman, thank you for your reply. I have been in the BI options>users>and selected the camera group. Ive been testing the anonymous user first I unticked the anonymous user and I was prompted for an authentication pop up, Secondly ticked the anonymous user and highlighted both camera groups and then I logged on as the 1st user and I saw both camera groups then I logged on as the 2nd user and saw both groups again. how do I get BI to let me log in as one user and then see only their cameras?
Create two new users..then test.