Guy drives Tesla 1800 miles without stopping for charge

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
There is a catch, he mounted a generator in the back to keep it charged. People can be creative, I would look for more of this as California outlaws gas powered cars, until the commies outlaw gasoline too.

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I watched that video. He put a lot of effort into doing a poor job. He had fuel leaks that he did not notice? Lucky to be alive! He had room for a larger generator. While plugged into a 110 vac circuit I get 3 miles of charge added per hour. At 240 vac, I get 20(?). This is nowhere near enough to make it viable. He also did not show how he tied into the electrical system. I'm rather skeptical.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried watching another WP video (the jet powered scooter) and I can't do it....he (or the camera operator) won't keep it on the new object in a scene change more that a half second and jerks the camera around. Maybe it's my age that can't deal with the later-generation cinematic techniques but it scrambles my head too much. Continued attempt at ingesting the content not worth getting a dizzy headache, IMO. :blankstare:

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@gwmthe BMW i3 with range extender has a BMW motorcycle engine coupled to a generator in the frunk which starts to charge when range gets too low. It has a 2.2 gallon fuel tank and in California, the software only allows 1.7 gallons to be used. Because of the 2.2 gallon tank it had to far a range and was considered a hybrid. Limiting it down to 1.7 gallons, kept it full EV which kept the EV tax incentives intact. ( numbers from memory and might be skewed)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not big on YT documentaries and seldom have the patience but I must say, this was a VERY informative video and if you want to hear the truth about EV's, global warming and climate change that is backed up with REAL numbers and actual FACTS, invest 26 minutes to watch it....I'm glad I did.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I do not understand his "generator". I see not logical space for the armature, stator, etc. unless it is supposed to be built into the flywheel area. His title was so deceptive but I guess that is what should be expected of a journalist.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Last week a Tesla driver in China made his car out off control, he has 20 years experience on driving big trucks. Killed 2 people on the street, he tried himself to not hit the people on road.
But lastly drive 198km/h to hit a big truck nearby the road. Tesla said this guy not press the brake, the driver said he can't press the brake.
View attachment Crazy Tesla.mp4

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Last week a Tesla driver in China made his car out off control, he has 20 years experience on driving big trucks. Killed 2 people on the street, he tried himself to not hit the people on road.
But lastly drive 198km/h to hit a big truck nearby the road. Tesla said this guy not press the brake, the driver said he can't press the brake.
View attachment 145602
WTF!

If it wasn’t for the fact that I had something similar happen with my old Honda Accord, I’d have said he pressed the accelerator instead of the brake.

In my case, the car, an auto just started increasing speed, luckily for me I realised and shifted it into neutral but it reached well above 50mph in town. When I took it into Honda they looked at me like I was some sort of idiot!